The Researcher Development (RD) team promotes research excellence through supporting researchers to excel in their careers, whatever their career goals. We provide personal, professional and career development opportunities for researchers of all disciplines and at all levels at QMUL.
Development for researchers
We work in collaboration with the academic community, with other research support services at QMUL and with external bodies to provide innovative experiential learning opportunities, knowledge sharing and one-to-one support for researchers. Support includes:
- A programme of workshops, courses and events
- One-to-one support including a range of mentoring schemes and one-to-one coaching opportunities
- Careers support including courses and one-to-one support
- Online training and resources, including Nature Masterclasses
The team supports research staff by:
- Implementing the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers
- Leading on QMUL’s HR Excellence in Research Award
- Community building and acting as advocates for research staff (alongside the QRSA
- Giving research staff a voice through the QRSA and through running the two national researcher surveys CROS (for research staff) and PIRLS (for academic staff) every two years
The team supports research students by:
- Running the Skills Points Database, which underpins the award of the QMUL Diploma of Researcher Development (QDip).
- Working in partnership with the Doctoral College.