Researcher Development Adviser for Postdocs and Early-Career Researchers
Location: Scape 0.08
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7882 2816
Prior to his current role, Rui was an EMBO Postdoctoral Research Fellow at The Gurdon Institute, Cambridge University. Afterwards, he took a postdoctoral position in the burgeoning Institute of Bioengineering in the School of Engineering and Materials Science, QMUL, from 2009-2013. Rui is a member of the Researcher Development team within the Academic Development group, which provides strategic, developmental programmes, advice and bespoke support for the development and enhancement of researcher development across QMUL. Rui helps develop and deliver the Development Programme for postdoctoral and early career research staff. He is the Staff Adviser for the QMUL Research Staff Association (QRSA), and is the Euraxess Contact Point for QMUL.
In addition, Rui writes for and edits Waxing Developmental, a blog for QMUL postdoc and early career researchers. Rui sits on the Vitae advisory group for and runs the CROS and PIRLS online surveys for early-career researchers and principal investigators, respectively.
You might want to get in touch directly with Rui if you:
- Have any questions about the research staff development courses or workshops
- Would like to book a 1-to-1 Coaching Session to discuss your development while a member of research staff at QMUL
- Would like to contribute to the blog
- Would like information about the QRSA
- Have a question about the Euraxess initiative, or about a QMUL posting you saw advertised on the Euraxess portal
- Have a question about either the CROS or PIRLS surveys