The Academic Development group in Student and Academic Services is made up of the following five teams:
- Educational Development, led by Antony Aleksiev
- E-Learning Unit, led by Brett Lucas
- Engagement, Retention and Success, led by Elena Dimascio
- Learning Development, led by Kelly Peake
- Researcher Development, led by Anna Price
The group is led by Sally Mitchell. Activity across the five teams concentrates on a number of key areas: enhancing student experience and educational equality; improving research and educational practices and outcomes; developing staff in their academic and academic support roles. The teams work through a combination of formal programmes and projects, collaborative partnerships with individuals and Schools, and hands-on and strategic support for University initiatives.